Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pistachio Banana Soft Serve

Does anyone else have fond memories of their parents taking them to Baskin Robbins as a child?  Unfortunately, my mother would only allow me to get either Rainbow Sherbet or Pistachio.  I don't know why... I guess she thought both were far less fattening and better for you than the other decadent flavors.  Regardless of my restrictions, I grew to love Pistachio, and am glad to report the success of a vegan banana soft serve version.  Perfect for those warm, summery days.

Pistachio Banana Soft Serve
serves 1

1/4 c shelled, salted pistachios
1/4 tsp almond extract*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract*
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (or 1 piece of maple sugar)
1 frozen banana
1/3-1/2 c nondairy milk
*make sure that your extracts are gluten free if you have an intolerance.

1.  pulse pistachios in food processor until some pieces are chunks and others are like fine crumbs.
2.  add remaining ingredients, blitz until well incorporated, and EAT!

This is SO good, I may have to make another one tomorrow. :)  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment