Friday, January 11, 2013

First Pay Day of 2013!

Hello everyone!

It's been several days since I've ventured to post.  Sleep-deprived, I am at the blissful end of the week, as I'm sure most of you agree.  Today was pay day, and the first pay day of the new year!  Woohoo!  So what was my first purchase with my squeaky new paycheck?  I got magazine subscriptions.  Mmhmm!  I'd been wanting to subscribe to several, but I found that one of the magazines, Readymade, is no more.  A sad day for all of us eco-friendly indie kids out there! :)
I did subscribe to Runner's World and VegNews, as I'm an avid runner (my goal is to run a half marathon within this year and a full marathon, maybe even a triathlon before I die), and I'm a vegan so what better way to celebrate both lifestyles?  (Plus, it feels like Christmas when you get a magazine just for you in the mail! Santa came! no... just the postal carrier)

Anyway,  I will update again this weekend with recipes of what I will be cooking, but for now, please consider Angela Liddon's recent post about Carageenan in Vegan foods on her website: ohsheglows.com.  It is a preservative/stabilizer for many vegan and non-vegan foods but it can cause stomach irritation, amongst other disturbances.  She attached a link from Cornucopia.org that displays a list of foods with and without Carageenan.  I don't know about you, but the whole point for me in living a vegan lifestyle is to eat as clean and natural as I possibly can.  Unfortunately that cuts out a lot of the comfort foods that I grew up eating (believe it or not, I grew up on junk food), but over time, your body doesn't even want that stuff anymore.  So~ that being said, let's all get creative and find fun and healthy ways to make food that's yummy and nostalgic but healthy. 

Happy Friday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment