Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Some Zingers

This week's meal plan is out of this world!  I couldn't wait so I'm sharing it right now!
Remember the last post, the Vegan Shepherd's Pie?  Well I made the filling again and smothered it over brown rice pasta and a little extra sauce and BAM!  it was divine.  I also wanted some "cheesy"ness so I used avocado (since I can't eat anything that's 'put together').  It was easy!

Avocado "Cheese" Sauce

2 Avocados
6 Tbsp nutritional yeast
salt to taste
(if you can't stand that avocado-y taste, put in lemon juice, a teaspoon at a time until desired flavor)

1.  mash avocados.  mix everything in.  stir. enjoy!

Then~ I made a veggie bake and it turned out delicious!

Brussel Sprout and Butternut Squash Bake
(inspired by ohsheglows' Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts recipe)

2 lbs of brussel sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
1 butternut squash, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 medium onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, removed from twig and chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil or oil of choice
salt and pepper to taste

1.  preheat oven to 350.
2.  mix all prepped veggies together in a bowl or in baking pan, drizzle with oil and mix well.  sprinkle in salt, pepper and rosemary.
3.  the key here for great baked veg is this:  single layer spread!  do NOT dump all veggies into 1 tray because you don't want to wash 2 trays (which is my M. O. guilty!)  this allows for the veggies to crisp and cook evenly.
4.  bake for 45 min-1hr.
enjoy!

And that, my friends is the BEST week meal (well... until next time, that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment